Kathmandu - Patan - Bhaktapur - Pokhara - Dhampus - Sarankot
1,960 M/6,428 FT
Full Board on Hiking
Sep - May
Kathmandu Pokhara Hiking Tour Highlights
- Cultural and heritage day tour in medieval cities of Nepal Kathmandu, Bhaktapur and Patan
- 2-Days easy hiking through-out traditional Nepalese villages
- Glorious sunrise and sunset view from Sarankot on Mount Annapurna and Mt. Dhaulagiri
- Explore Thamel street and lake side alley
- Discover Nepalese culture and authentic Nepalese food
- Discover oldest and enormous Hindu temple and large Buddhist stupa
This is for all ages tourists as it is an easy-going tour. The tour takes you into the deep cultural and historical awesome city Kathmandu. You will see monuments from the time 7AD. You will see pottery carving, cremation on the banks of the holy River Bagmati, daily prayer chanting in the Buddhist Monastery and Hindu temple.
You will see how handicraft is produced for daily life, decoration, and souvenirs for tourists. After you explore the deep part of history and local culture, there will be fun rafting in the Trishuli river. After that its a drive to the city of lake, Pokhara. This is one of the beautiful touristic city in Nepal. The city is surrounded by hills, Sarangkot the viewpoint for the amazing mountains of the Himalayas, the World Peace Stupa and many other interesting sites. A short easy walk will take you to the best spot for a sunrise view in the Himalayas from Pokhara.
Upon your arrival at Katmandu's international airport our representative will be there waiting with your name on signboard. Transfer to hotel and take a rest and walk around the town.
Day 02: Kathmandu Valley Sightseeing
5/6 Hrs tour Breakfast with Hot drinks Hotel
Today is day to explore the city with your tour guide starting at 9am. You explore the monuments which are listed in UNESCO world Heritage site.
Bauddhanath Stupa: One of the largest Buddhist stupa in world where Buddhism is practiced. The huge stupa is decorated by colourful praying flags and gives an outstanding site.
Patan Durbar Square: where you can see 17th centuries Shikhara and Pagoda style temples and monuments.
Kathmandu Durbar Square: former royal palaces and home of the living goddess Kumari.
Swayabhunath: Also known as the monkey temple where you will get a view of the Kathmandu. This temple is a blend of Hinduism and Buddhism.
Pashupatinath: Biggest Hindu temple in the world. where the cremation of dead bodies is held in the Holy river alongside.
Day 03: Kathmandu – Pokhara (850 m/2,740 Ft)
7/8 Hrs drive Breakfast with Hot drinks Hotel
You drive out from Kathmandu valley and along the way you get a magnificent view of landscape and the mountainous Himalayas. You stop for the fun white water rafting on Trishuli river continued with lunch. After lunch you continue the drive until Pokhara.
Day 04: Pokhara – Pothana (1,900 m/6,230 Ft)
30-min drive & 4/5 Hrs trek B/L/D with Hot drinks Hotel
You have a 40minute drive before starting your hiking. The trail goes steep up through forest, village reaching Dhampus, the Dhampus villages stand at the ridge. The ridge provides a superb view of the picturesque giant mountains of Machhapuchhare, Annapurna II,III and IV and many other peaks. The trail continues passing villages and walking through the dense forest to Pothana.
Day 05: Pothana – Sarangkot (1750 m/5,740 Ft)
5/6 Hrs trek B/L/D with Hot drinks Hotel
This morning you see the amazing sunrise over the Himalayas. The trek starts through jungle passing an Australian camp reaching Kande . Then take a bus to Naudanda. From Naudanda you walk to Sarangkot.
Day 06: Sunrise on Annapurna mountain and Pokhara Sightseeing
4/5 Hrs tour B/L/D with Hot drinks Hotel
In the morning we seen sunrise from Sarankot on massive western Himalayas including the giant mountain of Dhaulagiri, Nilgiri, Annapurna rang, Machhapuchhare, Manaslu and other peaks.
Day 07: Pokhara to Kathmandu (1,350 m/4,428 Ft)
20-min flight or 7/8 Hrs drive Breakfast with Hot drinks Hotel
Today you have option to get back Kathmandu via drive or flight.
Flight: It is a 30minute scenice flight from Pokhara to Kathmandu.The flight offers great view of Mt. Dhaulagiri, Annapurna range, Mt. Fishtail, Lamjung Himal, Mt.Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Langtang ranges etc.
Bus: A 7hrs drive goes on Prithi highway with scenery of typical Nepalise villlages, beautiful landscapes with great mountains view.
Day 08: Departure
30-min Breakfast with Hot drinks
As your flight schedule you'll be transferred to the international airport for your onward journey.
- International and domestic airport pick-up & drop-off.
- Sightseeing in Kathmandu, Patan, and Pokhara.
- 3 Nights accommodation on 4start hotel in Kathmandu with breakfast.
- 2 Night accommodation on 3start hotel in Pokhara with breakfast.
- 2 Nights 3 Days trek in normal lodge and guesthouse.
- Kathmandu to Pokhara by tourist bus or private car/van.
- 3 hrs white water rafting on Trishuli river.
- Tour guided tour in Kathmandu with all the monument and entrance fess.
- Pokhara to Kathmandu in optional by fly or drive
- Fare-well dinner in Kathmandu.
What's not included?
- Meal Dinner and lunch in Kathmandu, Pokhara.
- Drinks mineral water, soft drinks, alcoholic.
- Personal expenses such as laundry, telephone calls, sweets, snacks, tips, etc.
- Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as ROAD BLOCKAGE due to landslides, FLIGHT DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS due to weather or technical problems, ACCIDENTS.
- Tipping to guide, porter, driver etc..