Kathmandu - Sauraha - Kanyam - Antu Danda - Ilam Tea Garden
Hotel & Home Stay
2,220 M/7,218 FT
Full Board On Tour
Sep - May
Kathmandu Ilam Tour Highlights
- Historical and Cultural Sightseeing of Kathmandu valley
- Half day hiking throughout organic tea garden in Ilam
- Glorious sunrise view of Mount Kanchenjunga, Makalu and Everest from Antu Danda
- Home-stay experience of different indigenous people of eastern Nepal
- Enjoy to watch live cultural show of Tharu, Rai, Limbu and Dhimal
- Elephant back safari throughout Chitwan national park
- Bhadrapur to Kathmandu flight offers close mountain vista
Kathmandu Ilam Tour, a trip of culture, heritage and nature which gives you unique travel experience with elephant back safari, hike on organic tea garden and stunning sunrise view of world highest mountain from Antu Danda.
The 10 days tour which is the combined trip of cultural and historical sightseeing, thrilling raft on the river, Jungle excursion, hiking into the world-famous tea plantation garden. The tour starts from the city of God and Goddess of Nepal, Kathmandu. Kathmandu is the city where you can explore the history of handicraft, architecture, monuments, museum from 7th AD. Kathmandu knows as religious city as well where you can see Hindus and Buddhist shrine in the valley. Then we provide you unlimited fun in the river while doing raft and jungle excursion in the national park and buffer zone in Sauraha. After that, you will often watch the cultural program at Sauraha and Urlabari. We will have a different test of the cultural program in different places and show. We further drive on eastern Nepal where you will be walked in the world-famous tea plantation gardens. An eye witness of your favorite tea harvest. The Antu Danda provides spectacular sunrise and sunset view on the eastern Himalayas. we have a scenic flight across the Himalayas.
Upon your arrival at Tribhuwan International airport. Our official representatives will receiving you then transfer to hotel.
Day 02: Kathmandu valley sightseeing
6/7 Hrs tour Breakfast with hot drinks Hotel
Today is day of exploring the city of god and goddess. Around at 9am our tour guide will meet you at hotel then drive in the city where you will be visited monuments of historical, cultural and religious sites which are listed in UNESCO world heritage sites. These are the monuments:
- Pashupatinath Temple
- Kathmandu Durbarsquar
- Bouddhanath Stupa
- Swoyambhunath square
Day 03: Kathmandu to Sauraha (150 m/492 Ft)
5/6 Hrs drive B/L/D with hot drinks Hotel
Today we are driving to Sauraha, the drive start from Kathmandu on the Prithivi highway, look at the glance of the Langtang range, Ganesh himal range, Manaslu range then passing the paddies territory and typical Nepalese style village.
- Walk around typical tharu villages
- Sunset seen from bank of Rapati River
- Excursion of Tharu Cultural show
Day 04: Jungle Excursion in Sauraha
7/8 Hrs tour B/L/D with hot drinks Hotel
Today we have a full day actives in the jungle. Canoeing on the rapati river then jungle walk encounter the Deer, bird, one horn rhinoceros, wild boar, crocodile, if you lucky sloth bear etc. then back to rapati river and have a bath with Elephant. Retrace to Hotel and have a lunch, an after noon go for Elephant back safari for 2hrs in buffer zone.
- Elephant back Jungle Safari
- Elephant Bathing
- Jungle walk
- Elephant Breading Centre
Day 05: Sauraha to Urlabari (90 m/295 Ft)
7/8 Hrs drive B/L/D with hot drinks Homestay
In the morning we do bird watching then after breakfast we start drive on east-west highway. Drive continue, we often passing through dense sal forest, villages, paddies farm and couple of well known towns then arrive at Urlabari. Today we are staying at home-stay where we will see life style of Dhimal and after dinner we will see cultural show of the Dhimal.
Day 06: Urlabari to Kanyam (1,560 m/5,116 Ft)
4/5 Hrs drive B/L/D with hot drinks Hotel
Today we have a short drive to Kanyam. The drive continue passing a buzzing town after that entering to cultivate of rice. Slowly drive climbing on eastern hill in zigzag then we driving through middle of tea garden. We finally arrive at Kanyam after lunch we do trek in the Garden.
Day 07: Kanyam to Antu danda (2,320 m/7,609 Ft)
1 hrs drive & 1 hrs walk B/L/D with hot drinks Homestay
Today we have short drive and walk. after Breakfast our drive passing a buzzing town then we have a 1hrs walk to the village. From here we see the sunset and sunrise on the eastern Himalayas including world third highest peak Mt. Kanchanjunga. After dinner we will have a cultural program of the Rai and Limbu.
Day 08: Antu Danda - Ilam Bazar - Bhadrapur (70 m/229 Ft)
2 hrs by drive B/L/D with hot drinks Hotel
First we will see sunrise on the Himalayas then we will have a our breakfast on courtyard of Tea garden, walk around and explore the villages. An afternoon drive to Bhadrapur.
Day 09: Bhadrapur to Kathmandu
45-min flight or 12 Hrs drive Breakfast with hot drinks Hotel
After breakfast as your flight schedule we go to airport then have a one hour's scenic flight to Kathmandu. we transferred to hotel and take rest, buy the souvenir for friends and family.
Day 10: Departure
30-min Breakfast with hot drinks
After breakfast as your flight schedule we transfer you at airport then onwards to home.
- International and domestic airport pick-up & drop-off services
- A guided cultural and heritage tour of Kathmandu valley with inclusive of entrance fees
- 3 Nights' twin sharing accommodation in Kathmandu with breakfast
- 2 Nights' twin sharing accommodation in Sauraha with American plan
- 2 Nights twin sharing home-stay accommodation in Antu Danda and Urlabari with American plan
- 1 Night twin sharing accommodation in Bhadrapur with breakfast with American plan
- Kathmandu - Sauaraha - Urlabari - Ilam - Bhadrapur by private vehicle
- An experience and fluent English tour guide escort the Kathmadu Ilam tour
- Delightful cultural program of different ethnic group
- Authentic farewell dinner in Kathmandu
What's not included?
- Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu
- Personal expense laundry, telephone and all the drinks
- Any loss arising due to unforeseen circumstances such as ROAD BLOCKAGE due to landslides, FLIGHT DELAYS OR CANCELLATIONS due to weather or technical problems, ACCIDENTS
- Tipping to the guide and drives