Dhunche - Gosaikunda Lake - Lauribinayak Pass - Melamchigaun - Tarke ghyang - KTM
Easy to Moderate
4,670 M/15,170 FT
Full Boards Meal On The Trek
Spring & Autumn
Gosainkunda Lake Helambu Trek Highlights
- Take a dip on holy Gosainkunda Lake to washes off sins
- Scenic drive to Dunche and to Kathmandu
- Trek throughout mountain villages which approach stimulate Nepalese culture
- Visit Yak cheese factory an authentic Nepalese flavor
- Enjoy to see above 7000 m snowcapped peaks and mountains from Lauribina la pass and Buddha Mandir viewpoint
Gosainkunda Lake and Helambu trek, a moderate trekking route follow a small stable path on craggy mountains which includes steady up and pebble descending across the forest of mixed vegetation. A route also passes thru charming villages of indigenous people who known as mountainous tribe example Tamang, Sherpa, and Hyolmo (Yolmo). You will be in touch with native Nepalese culture also can take a bath on holy Gosain Kund Lake. Upon reach above Cholangparty, a journey mesmerize with a close and wider mountain range of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal, Langtang Himal, and some nameless peaks.
Hindus believed Gosainkund Lake is an abode of Lord Shiva and Gauri also value for Buddhist as well. Thousands of pilgrims visit the sacred lake across the years but busiest time in the year is during a full moon of August. The mythology of Gosainkunda Lake is created by Lord Shiva by his trident. There are around 108 lakes which contains small to large and Gosainkunda is largest and beautiful among them situated 4380 m above sea level. All the lakes often a frozen month of winter in Nepal means January/February/March beside that always get spectacular sights of a lake in blue and green color.
Helambu and Gosainkund Lake trek starts from Dunche then rapidly climbing up throughout the forest and passing a few villages along the trek. As we climbing higher the breathtaking Himalayas views of Manaslu, Annapurna range, Ganesh Himal, Langtang range and numerous another peak can be seen. The area is inhabited by known as a highlander people with their unique lifestyle. Gosainkunda Lake and Helambu Circuit trek passes blossoming of multi-color wildflower that makes trek excited also see wild animals and the area offers rare red panda.
Once you provides us your Kathmandu arrival details, we pick you up from on arrival gate of Tribhuvan international airport. The airport representative stay standby with your name on placard. Then you'll be welcomed with fresh garland after that short driven to your hotel. After room check-in take your own time for relax and leisure.
Day 01: Kathmandu – Dhunge – Dhunche (2030 m/6658 ft)
7 Hrs drive B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
The drive starts from Kathmandu through beautiful landscapes and mountain views from Kakani. Drive descend through middle of farm and villages, crossing the river to arrive at Trishuli Bazaar. Drive resume ascending and passing through Kaliskasthan, Mulkharka then arrive at Dhunche.
Day 02: Dunche – Deurali – Sing Gompa (3330 m/10922 ft)
5/6 Hrs trek B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
The trail lead on cultivate farm and across the stream with short climbs up hill throughout the forest. Often passing a tea shop along the trek to Sing Gompa. An afternoon go to visit cheese Factory.
Day 03: Sing Gompa – Lauribinayak – Gosaikunda Lake (4320 m/14170 ft)
5/6 hrs trek B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
Our trail continue on gradually up through beautiful forest of pine and rhododendron to Cholang pati where we have breathtaking view of Himalayas. Then we climb up on steady trail on yak pasture and shrub all the way to Lauribinayak. We have superb mountain views of Annapurna, Manaslu, Ganesh Himal and Langtang Himal. The trail ascent on all the way to the ridge where we have a Sakyamuni Buddha statue and we have breathtaking views of the Himalayas with a valley. Then the path goes gradual up passing many tiny lakes and finally reach Gosaikunda lake.
Day 04: Gosainkund lake – Lauribina La Pass (4610 m/15120 ft) – Gopte (3440 m/11283 ft)
6/7 Hrs trek B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
The trek route ascend northern side of the Gosaikunda lake, crosses moraine and glacier passing a few lakes then finally reach at summit of 4610 m. Now we descent on rocky path to Phedi. We keep descending on small path goes through scrubs of bamboo to Ghopte.
Day 05: Gopte – Tharepati – Melamchigau (2530 m/8298 ft)
5-6hrs Trek B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
The trail goes descend in the forest from Ghopte, we often do up and down then finally arrive at Tharepati. Trek continue descending throughout dense rhododendron and pine forest to Melamchigau.
Day 06: Melamchi Gaun – Tarkeyghyang – Sermathang (2600 m/8528 ft)
5/6 Hrs trek B/L/D with hot drink Lodge/Guesthouse
The trail descend to Melamchi Khola, crossing over bridge and ascent through cultivate farm to Tarke Ghyang which is largest Sherpa and Tamang village in Helambu. Now gentles descend through beautiful green forest to Shermathang.
Day 07: Sermathang – Kakani – Melamchi Bazar – Kathamndu (1350 m/4428 ft)
4-5 hrs driving B/L/D with hot drink
Descending to Melamchi pool then drive along the Melamchi khola to Kathmandu. The drive continue along the Melamchi river and scenic drive offers superb view of landscapes. Then passing a Palanchowk, Dhulikhel and finally reach at Kathmandu.
Time to say good bye to all your Nepalese friends! You may want to go on a last minute shopping spree. You must be at the airport 3hrs before your flight.
- International airport services [Airport/hotel/airport]
- Gosaikunda and Helambu trekking permit (Langtang National Park Fees and Trekkers' Information Management Systems)
- English speaking licensed guide with salary, accommodation, food & Insurance
- Three meals a day during the trek in the mountains (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner with hot drinks)
- Seasonal fresh fruits where available
- Musical Adventure Trekking complimentary trekking equipment's like four seasonal sleeping bag, dawn Jacket and duffle bag (should be returned upon completing the trek)
- Kathmandu – Dhunche and Melamchi Bazar – Kathmandu by shared jeep or public bus
- First aid medical kit, oximeter to check pulse, heart rate and oxygen saturation at higher altitude
- Normal lodge/guesthouse base accommodation during trek in the mountain
- Farewell dinner in Kathmandu at typical Nepalese restaurant with live cultural dance
- Kathmandu accommodation U$D40 per night
- To and fro Kathmandu by private jeep U$D
- Porter to carry your bag pack U$D150
What's not included?
- Travel and medical insurance which should cover emergency evacuation
- Kathmandu meals and accommodation
- Personal expense hot shower, laundry, internet, battery charge etc
- Porter to carry your bag pack
- Gratitude to your guide and porter