Awesome Jomsom Muktinath Trek
0 Comments 25 Feb 2019 wstone
Mustang is land of windy arid ridges and hinterland of high Himalayas, The mustang has divide in two part as it has two part this trek continues an lower mustang, the trek provides you deep gorge in the world, stunning waterfall, pristine scenery, fantastic wilderness, amazing Buddhist monasteries, and many other unique natural beauties. Trek on along the wind sweep Kali Gandaki valley passing the different style of villages and different ethnic groups regarding to high, superb sunrise view from Poon hill.
The trek starts on foot of Nilgiri, Dhaulagiri, Annapurna range mountain along the Kali Gandaki river in windy valley in plateau. Passing through charming villages of Thakali and Gurung a Tibetan style villages again the wind and Monastery. We trek down cross the world deepest gorge, terraced paddies field, waterfall arrive at Tatopani, rest and relaxed at hot spring which is just beside Kali Gandaki river. Now trek continue on sub-tropical valley and walk through dense rhododendron forest see multi-colorful birds and monkeys as you climbing up to Gorepani, giant Dhaulagiri will be seen with valley. Poon hill is the awesome view point for see Himalayas on 270º degrees and sunrise and sunset on the mountain is spectacular. The picturesque peak of Machhapuchhare dominating the skyline.
• 25 minutes scenic flight across the Himalayas to Jomsom
• Panorama mountain view of western Himalayas including Mt. AnnapurnaI (8091), Mt. Dhaulagiri (8167m) and Mt. Nilgiri (7061m)
• Trek throughout world deepest gorge on bank of Kaligandaki river.
• Muktinath temple: The shrine of Hinduism and Buddhism.
• Unique culture, lifestyle of Thakali and Mustangi people.